Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Picking, Art and Pumpkin Festival, and Half Moon Bay


    I feel incredibly lucky that my family gets the opportunity to live here in Northern California. I love that Knox gets to experience all the things I never got the chance to experience when I was growing up (have you ever seen fall in Florida? Yeah...its gross).  He gets to see the leaves change, play in snow, and enjoy all the fall activities Northern California has to offer. 

Luckily we are only two hours away from Half Moon Bay, which is an absolutely beautiful place to visit. Even the two hour drive there is beautiful...so you don't really mind it. The weather in Half Moon Bay is always nice and the beaches look like nothing I've ever seen before (definitely different than the Florida beaches I'm use to). It seemed like the perfect place to spend the day and take Knox to experience his first pumpkin patch. 

 Also,  Half Moon Bay has this Art and Pumpkin Festival that I thought might be fun to take every one to...and by every one I mean Me, Mark, Knox, my mom, Lo, and Jake...yeah...we brought the whole tribe down to Half Moon Bay.  






We decided to go to Farmer John's Pumpkin Farm to pick out some pumpkins to take home. We brought Knox's red wagon with us, thinking it would make for some cute pictures, but when we got to the farm we realized that it was completely unnecessary.  Farmer John provides you with your very own red wagon! Thanks Farmer John!!! =D 
 Knox absolutely LOVED pushing that wagon around. Pushing a wagon is serious business to him...as you will see in these pictures...

                                        





See...he doesn't take his job of wagon pushing lightly...he commits...




















He took a little break from wagon pushing to take a little stroll through the giant tepee and haystack house



But we had some pumpkins to pick, so it was back to work...




























I thought I would share some random pretty pictures that I took of the farm. 
They had a little apple tree there! I thought that was cool...I haven't seen a lot of apple trees in my life...obviously...











And here are some pictures of the Art and Pumpkin Festival...



To give you a little rundown on what this festival is all about...basically there is a lot of art...a lot of crafts...a lot of pumpkins...and a lot of people. No but seriously, they had delicious food and some of the most amazing art pieces I have ever seen (which I don't have pictures of cause you can't take pictures of other peoples art...that's rude).
The one artist I was super stoked to see there was Justin Hillgrove. If you've never see any of his stuff you have to go to his website www.impsandmonsters.com you won't be disappointed...his work is beyond amazing and adorable.  I bought the cutest print for Knox's playroom called "Group Hug"...Justin Hillgrove even signed the print for Knox! =D 

Also, Im going to just throw it out there... there was some impressive singing going on at this festival (insert sarcasm here).  I felt like I was watching a live episode of American Idol tryouts. I hope that every one watched the two videos I put up a couple days ago of that guy dancing. I felt like that experience was a gift from God...I laughed till I peed.  




Check out these crazy pumpkins! 


That food sign made me uncomfortable...


Pumpkin pie and pumpkin ice cream!? Yesssssss pleaseeeeee!













There are some shots of Main Street...

I thought that fence looked cool...I liked the writing along the top of it...


I'm not sure what the hell that thing is...but I want one in my house...






 I would say it was a good day. We lost my mother at the festival...nothing new there...I seem to lose her wherever I go. I swear I'm going to get her one of those child leashes. Then on our way back we ate at a Taco Bell that is right on the water. I think I've seen it on TV before. It doesn't look like a Taco Bell...and its supposedly a popular eating spot for all the surfers.  This Taco Bell almost qualifies as an acceptable place to take a lady to on date. It was kind nice sitting outside, watching the sunset, listening to the waves crashing, while eating a XXL Chalupa...fancy...that's what I call it. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment