Monday, October 24, 2011

The Martinez House (is it haunted? What do you see?)

This weekend Mark, Knox, my mom, and I went downtown to the Haunted House at Maines Mansion (its a little haunted house/show that benefits families who are affected by HIV/AIDS). We ended up running into some friends (David, Jamie, and a couple of their friends) while waiting in line for the haunted house. After we had all gone through Maines Mansion, our little group decided to take a walk over to the Martinez House. I was super excited about this because I LOVE real haunted houses and David (a co-worker of Marks and fellow enthusiast of a things scary) has talked about the house a couple times before.

Here's what I've read about the Martinez House:

The Martinez house was built in 1907...so it's a ripe one.  This home was once owned by the Hart Family. Dr. Aden C. Hart was the founder of the Sutter Hospital and the Sacramento Society for Medical Improvement...sooooooo I guess you could say that the Harts were a very well known family in Sacramento.  From what I read, the Hart Family lived in the house until 1942.  Then the house was sold to the current owners, the Amaruso Family.

Now here are the stories I've heard about the Martinez House:

  1.  Dr. Hart suffered from dementia and ended up murdering his wife, grandchildren, the house servants, and family pets. 
  2. The house was bought by the Martinez Family in 1973. Three weeks after moving in, the family started experiencing objects being thrown across the room, ghostly apparitions, and glass breaking in the middle of the night. 
I'm not 100% sure any of these stories are true, but I don't care if they are true. All I know is that it makes the house seem that much cooler. Besides, every one loves a good scary story (especially during Halloween)...the scarier the better...even if you have to add a little glitter to the story =)


On that note!!! Here are some photos that I took of the house.






Oh my God! Whats is that!? It's so scary!


Creepy misty things!!! Super scary!







Holy orbs Batman! Zak Bagans would be having a field day with this crap! I have a feeling that he would definitely be hearing and seeing some nonsense that isn't even there



Gasp!..............Hahaaaaaa! Yeahhhhh I got you good! But no...seriously...I'm just kidding...I put those there. I gots me some jokes....










Can I get some snaps up in this blog for our Sacramento tour guides David and Jamie!?!?!?!   =D

4 comments:

  1. The House is NOT haunted and NO ONE has ever died on the property since it was built.- I wrote a very thorough investigative blog on this very house and pulled the entire history on the property and its two owners. - Bottom line, its not haunted and it's exterior is only gothic because the owner Dr. Hart was due to his sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name Martinez House (or Home) was made up. The real name to the property is the Hart Mansion. Here is the link to my blog where you can see the real history. http://dreamingcasuallypoetry.blogspot.com/2011/06/sacramento-mystery-hart-mansion-secrets.html take care- Dreaming Casually

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great photos. I love that spooky house!

    ReplyDelete