Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Foods that are so delicious they give me a lady-boner

Here are 13 foods that I think are amazing…in no particular order…

  • Café con leche and cuban toast (or as my cracker husband calls it “confe con leeche”): I have eaten cuban bread since I had teeth to chew it and I’m pretty sure my mom use to put café con leche in my baby bottles. I’ve pretty much been going through withdraws from this stuff (or have had to cook it myself) because it’s not like there is an abundance of Cuban restaurants here on the west coast. Important side note: you must ALWAYS dunk the toast into the coffee…it’s the only way to eat it and if you don’t then you’re a douche.

  • The baked pasta (specifically the shell shaped pasta) with meat sauce from ABC Pizza:  I grew up eating this stuff as well. While every other person at the table ordered a stupid pizza, I ordered my own plate of baked pasta with meat sauce…frankly I don’t like to share anything…especially food. I also can’t think of a family function, from back in the day, that didn’t have one of their greek salads in attendance.

  • Black beans and rice:  Obviously an important staple in Cuban cuisine. I could eat this crap all day…and I make a pretty mean black beans and rice. Some important condiments for my black beans and rice are defiantly vinegar and hot sauce…don’t be trippin!

  • Fried chicken and Waffles: This meal was a food revelation. Until I had this glorious combination I was dead inside…literally….I was only half a person. Now, there are many places that make this delicious anytime-of-the-day combo…but for me it’s Hash House a Go-Go…Its basically where the pope of all chicken and waffles resides. That place is the Vatican of chicken and waffle worship.


  • Greek salads: I love salads…I could probably eat them everyday and never get sick of them. I always order one with my meal no matter what restaurant I’m at. But I have to say that greek salads are my favorite. You pretty much have to be a moron to get this veggie combination wrong….so it always comes out tasting great no matter where you go. It’s kind of like the “safe” salad.  I don’t really have a favorite one…but the ones I get at an actual Greek restaurant are pretty fantastic.

  • Dunkin Donuts large ice coffee with cream NO sugar: I don’t really like American watered down coffee…but this stuff is great. I also don’t like sugar in my coffee unless there are special circumstances such as: Café con leche…or a white mocha/ coconut frappuchino…then its okay. Sadly there isn’t a DD in California…which is a terrible injustice to this state if you ask me. I did however have about 100 iced coffees from DD the last time I was in FL…and I’m not exaggerating on the number. 

  • Olive Garden salad dressing: Really? I don’t think I have to explain this one. I’m just glad they have now bottled this liquid gold and sell it.   

  • PF Changs Ahi Tuna: I LOVE ahi tuna…I love raw fish but that stuff is my favorite! I picked the appetizer from PF Changes because of that wasabi sauce they put on it…it’s AMAZING!!!...and goes fantastic with the tuna. I could eat 10 plates of this stuff.

  • Banh Mi Vietnamese Pork sandwiches:  I love Vietnamese food…like LOVE IT! But my favorite things to eat are these Banh Mi sandwiches. They are so good!!! The pickled vegetables (I think they are called Do Chua) on it drive me crazy. I have no problem going into the little Viet Towns (like in Orlando) and braving the language barrier and “why is that white girl in here?” stares to get this sandwich…it’s that good.

  • A Beach Bum from Tropical Smoothie: I hate other smoothie places…no seriously HATE them. If I could I would make it illegal to have any other smoothie place open but Tropical Smoothie. I love that in Vegas they have one around every corner…and I’m NOT exaggerating. They are also 24 hours there, which was fabulous while I was pregnant because I had one everyday. My favorite is the Beach Bum (strawberries, bananas, and dark chocolate) and it is soooo good it’s just wrong. I love it so much I can even tell you the first time I was introduced to my mouths life partner…the Beach Bum. Cue the song “When You Love a Women” by Journey.  About 10 years ago, on a warm summer day; I was helping out at the Pac Sun in Countryside Mall. My DM (Noelle) at the time bought us all Beach Bums for helping out…and that was the beginning of the end.

  • Vietnamese Noodle bowls: These are just so fantastic. You can put so much delicious crap into them! And all the colors make your eyes hungry. I think I just love the way Asian food is served…it really looks like a painting with a bunch of colors and shapes…but you can eat it…which is a plus in my book.   

  • Scachatta (or Italian cold pizza): Another family staple. When I was growing up I don’t think there was one function or party I went to that didn’t have one of these from Alessi Bakery. I love it because its cold…the sauce is kind of sweet…and it doesn’t have a lot of cheese which I’m not a fan of. But seriously this stuff is so amazing I want to use it as my pillow at night to sleep on.  

  • Red Velvet Cake: I don’t care whether it comes as a cupcake…a cake…a cheesecake…or even in pancake form…if it says red velvet…ill eat it. It could say red velvet dog shit…ill eat it. The one from CPK is out of this world because it comes with a vanilla sauce that I want to shower with. Don’t even get me started on the red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. But my sister’s red velvet cupcakes have to be my favorite things ever….hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment