Sunday, June 19, 2011

And roll it!!!!

I can’t wait to share all these movies with Knox! These were some of my favorites when I was a young’un….  





  • Auntie Mame: Oh my God that movie is Ba-na-nas! I absolutely love how Auntie Mame is always redecorating her fantastic apartment. I love all of her outfits. I love her personality. Rosalind Russell is an amazing actress (she’s also in Gypsy…another great movie you should see) her voice and laugh is infectious. I loved how elegant she looked in her long robes, with her big jewelry pieces, and her cigarette holder. I also love her stereotypical Chinese butler….ohhh the 1950’s…sigh.
  • Doctor Dolittle: The one from the 1960’s not that Eddie Murphy crap. I could pretty much watch every movie Rex Harrison was ever in. All I need to say about this movie is…. Pushme-Pullyu Llama, Great Pink Sea Snail, and Great Lunar Moth….DONE!   
  • Hello Dolly: This was the only movie that I liked Barbra Streisand in….YES! I know…I didn’t even like her in “The Way We Were” But this movie…well…It’s kind of like the Millionaire Matchmaker…but a musical. And what can I say I’m a sucker for big hats and singing.  
  • Drop Dead Fred:  One word…. “Cobwebs!”
  • Mary Poppins: I must have driven my family crazy with this movie. I think I watched it everyday 10 times a day for a year straight.  But I mean seriously, jumping into a painting is awesome. Supernanny can suck it.
  • The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking: It’s in Florida, she lives alone with a horse, and her dads a pirate. You have pretty much just described my dream childhood.
  • Mighty Ducks: Emilio Estevez should have won an Academy Award for his phenomenal acting in this movie. I wanted to become a professional hockey player after this movie.
  • The Secret Garden: Not all the other shitty ones that have been made, but this one specifically. I think it’s because the actor that plays Colin Craven is extra whiney and annoying. And the actress that plays Mary Lennox is such a fantastic bitch to him. You don’t see that in any of the other movie versions of this book.
  • Thomasina: Another movie I watch a thousand times. But Thomasina doesn’t really die and the grumpy dad falls in love with the hippie lady…JUST FANTASTIC! I love happy endings for animals <3
  • Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day: Although I CANT STAND IT when parents decorate their baby’s room in Winnie the Pooh…I did love watching these tapes when I was growing up. My favorite thing was that you would always see the book that was being read to you…like when it rained too much and the words on the book started to float away. You know, I just realized this now that I’m older but…Pooh always sounded like a stoner.  
  • My Fair Lady: I know this sounds like a crazy movie for a kid to watch but…its not. Once again, it’s the music and the costumes…it sucks you in. I think that was the allure of movies back in the day…now its all about special effects and junk.
  • The Heigh Ho Disney Sing Along Songs: Another tape I watch a thousand times…I’m sure my family hated me for it…but Knox will pay me back with something equally annoying….I’m sure of it.
  • The Secret of NIMH: HELLO! Who didn’t love this movie!?! Mrs. Brisby was just like every widowed struggling single mom mouse…trying to move her kids out of their home before the plowing time AND save her sick son from dying. But oh no!!! What’s that?!?! Scientific genetically mutated super intelligent rats!?!?!   Well that puts a damper on things. But don’t worry; thanks to a nice bird and super old owl, everything works out.


2 comments:

  1. I think i'm inviting myself over to watch some of these...specifically Drop Dead Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watership Down is my all time fav childhood movie. 70's 2D animation and alot of scary, trippy, foaming at the mouth rabbits, a seagull, and a slave encampment... Ooooh it is an epic movie... One that I think could be scary for some kids, but I watched it everytime I visited my grandmother. The book is even better you must check it out if you haven't seen it already :D

    ReplyDelete