Friday, September 9, 2011

Dear October, Please hurry up and get here! Love, A horror film fanatic

Ugh!!! It's like summer will never end! I can't stand summer! It's gross!


But yayyyyy!!! Fall is just around the corner! :D

Things that I am looking forward are:
- coats/sweaters
- scarves
- candy
- pumpkins (in any form...but I prefer pie)
- the return of my favorite holiday edition Yankee Candles
- cooking the same delicious things I do every year
- horror movies on TV 24/7 (this actually starts to happen in the beginning of September, but the GOOD movies don't make an appearance till October)

But I only want to talk about one of the things on my list... HORROR MOVIES!

I was going to try and do this in one blog, but I realized that in order to properly share my enthusiasm on the subject of horror films, (and give them the respect they deserve) then I would have go all Jason Voorhees on this topic and cut it up into smaller pieces (HA! You like how I slide that joke in there? Skillz!)

Anyways, what better way to start than at the beginning.

Seeing your first horror movie is like your "first kiss"...you just don't forget that kind of stuff.
Even if you hated being scared and never watched another horror movie again, you ALWAYS remember your first.

My first was "Killer Clowns From Outer Space"





I know! Could you just die!? :D What a fantastic first time horror movie experience!

I'm a little fuzzy on the age, but I want to say I was about 8 or 9...I have always been terrible at remembering stuff like that.

For me, the most memorable part of the movie (and the part that gave me nightmares) was the cotton candy scenes.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about, let me explain.  These killer clowns (well, they're actually aliens disguised as clowns...Oh, and their spaceship is a circus tent) use these ray guns that shoots out stuff that looks like cotton candy...and they hide bodies inside these pink cotton candy cocoons.




 See...ewwww...its gross...



They also use other methods to kill people, such as killer shadow puppets, bloodhound-like balloon animals...you know...the usual.


Now in-between seeing the KCFOS movie, and the second horror film I am going to mention, I saw snippets of "Friday the 13th" and "Nightmare on Elm Street" on TV...my mom didn't really want me watching scary anything...but I saw just enough of both movies to intrigue me.

Okay, so the second horror film I ever saw, and the first one I ever owned was "The People Under The Stairs"



 Ahhhhhh! =D




I remember like it was yesterday...sigh....

I was in the 4th grade and I was having a sleepover party for my bday. Another thing that made this night so memorable was that, as a  birthday gift, my mom allowed me to shave my legs for the first time EVER...that's a big deal in a girls world. Oh yeah! I almost forgot, my mom and I had gone to KB toys and bought a Ouija board for the sleepover...excitingggggg =D
Yeah...we defiantly scared ourselves shitless that night.

Again, for those who have never seen the movie "The People Under The Stair" let me tell you...Its scurry. It's directed by Wes Craven (one of many horror movie legends) so u know its good...seriously, even when he makes a bad movie its still good.
So anyways, let me explain what the movie is about. Okay, there's this little kid named Poindexter, but everyone call him "Fool".  Fool and his family are going to be evicted from their apartment by their landlords the"Robesons".  So Fool decides that he is going to break into the Robesons' house and steal some gold coins. Long story short...he breaks in, finds cannibalistic inbreeds living under the stairs,makes a mute friend that lives in the walls named "Roach", and tries to help a girl named "Alice" escaped her creepy abusive parents (which are really brother and sister...yuck).


Interesting side note: A.J. Langer plays "Alice"...she was also on "My So-Called Life"...as Rayanne!!!! I know!!! It was super hard for me to watch her in anything else after "The People Under the Stairs"






 Ewww no tongue....that's gross...


 The mom or "Woman" played by Wendy Robie is a crazy bitch...


Oh and don't worry...when Fool blows up the house, it rains gold coins, so all the tenants get the money....yayyyy, horror movies with a happy ending!

 You know, I think that movie was the turning point for me. I mean, I was hooked after seeing that movie. I realized right then and there that I liked scaring the crap out of myself.

My next blog will be on Asian horror movies. CANT WAIT! :D

1 comment:

  1. And I realize that it says "Clowns" instead of "Klowns"...but I got tired of fighting with Apples auto correction...and left it...

    ReplyDelete