Sunday, January 15, 2012

Safety Break (Friends & Football)

On Saturday, we loaded up the family into the "mommy mobile" and went over to Jamie and David's. They were cooking out and watching something called "football" with some friends (Emily, Justin, Linda, and Rick).  
Knox loves going over there because Jamie and David have a dog named Abbey, and a bunch of expensive musical instruments for him to break. Also, there are stairs (or what I like to call "the quickest way for a child to die, or severely injure themselves").
I've decided that stairs are like a kids way of playing Russian roulette. With each staircase they attempt to climb, you pray they will actually make it to the top, unharmed. And you hope that this climb won't be the one where they get "the bullet." As a parent, the fun part is guessing what "the bullet" will actually be. Will it be just a simple butt slide down a few steps?....ooooo, maybe a black eye? (so when you go to the store other people think you beat your child)....maybe a broken arm?...or maybe they'll actually get "the bullet" and snap their neck. I don't mean to be graphic, but this is how you look at things when you become a mom. The first question that goes through your mind, when you survey new surroundings, "What here can kill my child?"



Here are some pictures of us all hanging out....


We had such a nice evening! Mark and the guys obnoxiously screamed at the TV when important football stuff would happened...what, I'm not exactly sure.  I got to sit with the girls and talk about non football related thing (RHOBH), and Knox got to share his snacks with his BFF, Abbey. 








Jalapeno poppers, and Philly (or as David put it, Phill-heyyyy) cheesesteaks




 "What's dat?"



Hydrated...



Oh, look who else tried to sneak off to get "hydrated"....





For my sister, who is a social worker, the can of Pabst Blue Ribbon isn't open...thank you. 




As much as I would like him to, my kid doesn't like to look at or read books, but he is crazy about music, dancing, and musical instruments. 

And I swear...I did not know he was going to be playing a banjo when I dressed him that afternoon. 



















Next, we went outside for a little bit of  "Tipsy Frisbee." I didn't participated in this outdoor activity. I do not like playing any games where an object travels at a high rate of speed, towards my face, and it is my responsibility to stop it....that is way too much pressure on one person....so, I played photographer instead.









If you look reallyyyyyyy close, you can see David catch some air. 




Emily =)











Jamie and David, thanks again for inviting us over. That was the most fun I have ever had NOT watching football =)

No comments:

Post a Comment