Tuesday, November 8, 2011

San Fran Trip:Part 1 (Haight-Ashbury, Macaroons, and other neat stuff)




Almost a month late, but here is part one of our San Francisco trip. 





We stayed at the 55 Parc Wyndham, which is right in the heart of Union Square (shopping!!!)...no...seriously...our hotel was right across the street from a Forever 21 and the mall. Basically, if I decided I wanted to go on an impromptu shopping trip at 9pm...I could have walked over to a store in my PJ's. 

The next day we decided to walk from our hotel to Haight Ashbury...again...more shopping. 
That's something you have to understand about visiting cities like San Fran, you have to walk everywhere. There is no point in renting a car to drive around. Everything is relatively close together, thanks to the homeless its never a boring walk, and parking there is expensive. Our hotel parking was 50 dollars a day!...ew. 

Here are some pictures from our walk...









 "Turtle n' Panda 2000"....I don't get it but I love that a turtle and panda can be friends =)


"Drink coffee or die!"....Well, okay....I mean I don't die....







Heyyyyyy sunshine! =)


Someone forgot to tell Lo that San Francisco = Walking


The fog in the background


Even the SF pigeons obey the crosswalks...













On our walk, I felt like someone was watching me....and there was...a cow. I think it was one of the Chick-fil-A cows....



My favorite house in Haight Ashbury! 





I have been dreaming about going to this pastry shop! Ive heard that they make the most amazing macaroons. 















And they do!!! Those pistachio ones right there are my favorite kind of macaroons! Mmmmmmm!







Then we went to a french chocolate shop that was next door to the macaroon shop. It was delicious!!! It was SUPER fancy! Even the bathroom at the chocolate shop had an extra sprinkle of fancy on it. I ate this amazing salted chocolate peanut butter cup thingy. After eating that delicious treat, I could have died a happy lady. 







No comments:

Post a Comment