Monday, July 18, 2011

Knox's first state fair

Last weekend my little family decided to go to the California State Fair. I was actually super stoked about this decision, because when I was living in Vegas (and I found out that we were moving here) I had seen an episode of Man vs Food where Adam visited the state fair grounds. So here are a couple pictures from that adventure. I apologize ahead of time that these pictures are out of order...but I have no patience right now to rearrange this crap into some kind of time-line. But I did decide to put the best picture right up top. That's right...a mesh shirt...and that man is definitely giving some nipples/boobage for all of us to enjoy...fantastic. 

 




Above are some pictures of what i like to call "Delicious Town"  This section of the fair had nothing but country music and BBQ. Most of all it had my favorite...TURKEY LEGS!!! Ugh!!!! I could eat those things everyday. In fact, when I go to the Disney World park back home ( which when I actually lived in FL was all the time) I would have a strategic food plan for the entire day. I'm not kidding...I know exactly what parks sell what and where they sell them. So the turkey leg carnage goes as follows: Magic Kingdom, Frontier Land, right by Splash Mountain, pick up turkey leg, make way to McDonald's fry cart (which I heard they took away), sit down at Mexican restaurant that is in front of Pirates of the Caribbean ride, eat giant delicious dinosaur leg and fries, then proceed to Pirates of the Caribbean. I'm not kidding when I say this is really a ritual of mine.
Here is a fantastic little number I found at the goat auction. I love it! The lady has a picture of her and her goat. Its like an ad for a livestock version of eharmony.


That. Truck.Changed.My life. I will sell my Lexus immediately to purchase on of these.


They had a whole closed off menagerie...crazy stuff...

This was also in the livestock area of the fair grounds. You see that? This farmer when above and beyond...he made bidders a little science fair project on the different cuts of a goat.
These cows had huge fans set up for them. But I hear you have to keep you meat cold or it will spoil...HA! Jokes.


This goat was hilarious. The minute mark put Knox down there, the goat put its foot up and proceeded to bow its head...I have another picture of it somewhere in this mess...

I think This is the food booth that Adam from man vs food was on...its some crazy fried potato thing. Leave it to Americans to find some way "dress up" a sausage and make it more fattening...add a fried tatter jacket to it!

I always think that pigs look like Miss Milly (my pug)

Ahhh there he is! Silly goat being cute.



Weirdest thing ever...hey had a giant Safeway there...
Okay this is serious business being conducted right here. I feel like these kids must train for years for this moment. They were judging sheep's balls or something...I'm not 100%...but it was intense...
I want you to take a look at the judge. He had the "angry face" on the entire time he was judging. Dressed like a cowboy to a T and he was chewing on a piece of straw...legit shit right there. I feel like I might have missed my calling in the 4H club.
I was wondering why all the sheep were dressed like the KKK. But this sheep actually looked like he belonged to Opus Dei or something.


Waiting with daddy to get his tickets...

Mark saw some UFC fighter...something something Spanish name i'm not sure...boring!
If you haven't caught on yet..food is my number one reason for even going to crap like this. I remember back in the day my friend Erica and I use to go to the FL state fair every year. Our main goal was to hit up the same spots every year that had our favorite eats. Candy apples, elephant ears, sausage and peppers, some kind of chicken pita thing, and apple dumplings with ice cream....mmmmm...
There is a giant water park there too...random...

These kind of rides bring back the best memories. Like being at St.Lawrence and going on the Gravitron praying to Jesus that they would play The Cranberries while I was in there...


As for Knox, I think he enjoyed himself. He enjoys any place where total stranger give him attention. It was extremely hot though...so I think we lost him to crankiness early in the day. But next year he'll be almost 2...so I think he'll be able to actually ride some rides and have a little more fun. For a first time experience though...ill give it an A =)

No comments:

Post a Comment