Sunday, July 24, 2011

A birthday is looming...

 I am about 60% done with my "Knox's First Birthday Party" list...three months away and I am feelin good my friends.
Most people think I'm crazy for doing sooooo much work for my kids birthday...well poo on them! Those Ebenezer Scrooge's can go bah humbug themselves! You only have your first birthday once!  Will Knox remember any of it? No...but that doesn't mean I should put less effort into this special occasion. I believe that if you can do something that will bring a smile to your babies face...THEN DO IT! These little guys aren't just pissing and shitting blobs...they're tiny little people...and they are soaking up everything that is going on around them. What you're creating for them now are family traditions and warm fuzzy memories.
Besides...that's what cameras are for...and every shot you take of them now, is a story you will be telling them (and your future grandchildren)  later on down the road.
You know whats not a fun story? "Well, we didn't do anything because we figured you wouldn't remember it."...BOOOOO! That story sucks!
Is his party maybe just a little bit for me as too? Well duh!!! Of course it is! Why shouldn't it be!? I think us parents are allowed to have a little fun at these child shindigs. Not to mention its nice to be able to relive your childhood through those happy faces.


 Here are some of the big items I was able to cross of my list for this Uglydoll/mustache extravaganza...

Yesterday, my husband and I went to order Knox's b'day cakes and treats. There is this precious little bakery near us called "Sweet Cakes by Rebecca"...and she does some fantastic cakes up in there.
Here is what his smash cake will look like!  Its going to have a giant Uglydoll on the top...and yes....the Uglydoll will have a mustache.




I decided that I wasn't to thrilled about the orange Uglydoll cake topper...so we will be having this guy on top of the cake instead.



 Also, there will be a bunch of these adorable Uglydoll cupcakes (with mustaches). These are for all of the guests. I am not a big fan of giant cakes. I normally lean towards cupcakes/cupcake towers. I enjoy anything that is bite size and easier to shove in my mouth.




 Oh no! I couldn't just stop at cupcakes! We will also be having these silly looking cookies =D


 If you wanted an idea of what one of the tables will look like...I think this picture is pretty close. There will be lollipops in a flower pots, a back drop, giant pom poms, and huge glass jars full of candy.



 The next thing I decided to do was a photo booth. Yes, I'm jumping on the bandwagon...but my motivation for this is to give the parents a gift. I bought a picture frame and some photo props ( that everyone gets to take home with them) and I'm going to take a bunch of pictures of everyone. Then I will print the pictures out and give them to the parents as gifts.



 I still have a ton of stuff to do...but I feel like I've taken a nice chunk out of this b'day list. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment