Sunday, July 3, 2011

Extreme playroom designing block!

 This is a terrible tragedy that only happens to me every once and a while.  I always know exactly what I want when it comes to clothing, furniture, décor, you name it…I’m very impatient so once I figure out how I want something done…I put it together fast and its over with. But with Knox’s playroom…I’m having some serious designing battles going on in my head. I have a collage on my iPad of things that I like, and I was hoping that they would magically congeal into one cohesive idea…but it hasn’t happened. Beepboo =(

So here are some of my internet clippings.


-This first one is of 1950s wallpaper, a mustache chalkboard (from esty), and woodland creature deer clock (esty), and a little kid’s school desk from the 1960s
I love the big colorful patterns of the wallpaper. While I would never put this wallpaper up in this house, I have been thinking about getting the wallpaper and faming it instead.
I also love those little woodland creature figurines from the 50s and 60s…they remind me of Christmas for some reason. If I could find a bunch of those to put throughout the playroom that would be magical.





-The second collage is of a kids room (you can see the deer figurines I want to the right), a pirate ship toy chest, a big wheeled bicycle, and a German deer head cuckoo clock.
I think those big wheeled bicycles are amazing. I’m just looking for a little one to use as wall art…but I actually found an adult size one at a bicycle shop! CRAZY!  As for the cuckoo clock…I don’t know if you noticed but I’m kind of an old lady when it comes to collectables. I’m going to be that old woman with 60 cats, 500 different kinds of salt and pepper shakers, and 1000 cuckoo clocks. Be sure to catch me on an episode of Hoarders.








-The third collage is just a bunch of amazing children’s rooms form a blog called “Kenzipoo for little ones”. Side note: that blog is fantastic! You should go check it out…as well as artessen.com.
I mean seriously, look at that the big picture down at the bottom. That room…I die…that room. I love that book holder! And look at that old filing cabinet!







-The fourth collage is an important one for me. The big picture with all the unframed letters you can buy off esty…and I really love them. I think this might be my jumping off point for the playroom…even if I’m unsure of what to do after those letters go on the wall.






-The fifth collage is of some of my favorite dolls. I love these tattooed dolls you can buy off esty. The dolls are like 2 feet tall! And of course I have to put an uglydoll in there somewhere. Obviously all this stuff is for decorative purposes only…my child won’t ever actually play with them…pffftt!





-And then these beauties. Faux taxidermy…I have to say that even though this is kind of creepy…It is equally adorable. I have to get a couple of these for the playroom. (also on esty)





But that’s all I got…a couple random ideas and no where to go.






No comments:

Post a Comment