Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Harry Potter and the....







Finally!!! Now that my sister is here I can go and see “The End” of Harry Potter.

I’ve been reading these books for longer that I’d like to admit. I even remember the time I saw the first Harry Potter movie. It was my first year as a college student up in Tallahassee…ahhhh memories…sigh. And now…10 years later…we have come to the end of the road. Beepboo favorite books/movie ending. =(

For me, this movie is a big deal. I couldn’t just go see the end of Harry Potter at any old movie theater…that would be super lame of me. I decided this experience called for a drive-in movie extravaganza. Besides, my sister had never been to a drive-in before…so this would be perfect…many momentous occasions happening all at once. =)

And since we are on the subject…I would just like to say…that I have come to the realization that I love drive-in movie theaters. The following spectacular drive-in movie facts are what make the experience awesome… 
  • I can talk if I want to
  • I can bring a blankie for snuggles
  • There is no one kicking the back of my seat
  • I can dress in jam-jams without judgment from others
  • I can squirm all over the place until I find a comfortable spot


Staying true to my inner nerd, my sister and I decided to go to Party City and pick up the Harry Potter essentials. That includes:
1.      Two wands
2.      One Hogwarts scarf
3.      One pair of Harry Potter glasses




 Then, we decided to make up some spells of our own...





In case you cant read mine...it says..."Oh Snapideous"


Even Knoxville got in on it!










Now that the movies have come to an end, I would like to have a moment of reflection about the Harry Potter series…these are my feelings…


  1.  I wish I had an owl. Using an Owl, as a means of communicating, is way cooler than a cell phone.
  2. Hermione, Ron, and Harry LOVE to wear stripes
  3. Even though they are living in the 21st century (and know how to perform magic and junk)…they continue to travel to Hogwarts by an old fashion train. They also use those feather pens at school ( not like I expected them to pull out a Trapper Keeper or anything…but I would have chosen maybe a laptop or something along those lines) 
  4. I’m going to miss the way that Hermione (Emma Watson) says certain words in her British accent. Words like...  “saw”….and  “talk”
  5. That Snape talks slower and more drawn out than Cleveland on Family Guy.
  6. I want a memory pool….I am always forgetting where I put stuff and I feel that one of those memory pools would really help me. 
  7. Why couldn’t my school have been a castle with talking paintings?!?!? My parents failed me…
  8. How did J.K. Rowling come up with all of those names for the spells? Cause they sound legit.
  9. Does Luna ever blink?
  10. Harry Potters (Daniel Radcliffe) smile and laugh make me uncomfortable. It’s veryyyyyy…robotic? I don’t know how else to describe it.




Thanks J.K. Rowling! For thinking up some of the craziest shit I have ever read. I truly enjoyed reading (and watching) everything your brain has vomited up over the last 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment